SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 02-14-2012
robmo

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back. I'm going to double up with this reply to ensure that you get it. To answer your questions:
- I'm 64, but will turn 65 in March, despite my age, I'm still in reasonably good shape, I can do 80 push ups and 50 sit ups.
- I was a research chemist until 2008, but I still do some consulting on occasion.
- My residence is Roseburg OR, but I hail from Fairhaven MA, the town that Josh Slocum started from on his circumnavigation. I lived up the street from his jumping off point.

I'm thinking that I can probably devote 10 to 15 days to the trip, that's why I was thinking of the SF to Seattle jaunt. Your game plan seems sound. I have the requisite personal equipment including a Type V vest/harness with multiple recharges. I wondered how old the boat is and if you've had a CG courtesy inspection of late. Also, I assume that you have a five man raft in the unlikely event that its needed. What type of watch rotation are you thinking about, the standard 4 on, 4 standby, 4 off or the Swedish system? I'm used to the former.

Look forward to hearing further

Cheers,

Scott
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome