SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012

robmo is on a distinguished road
Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back. I'm going to double up with this reply to ensure that you get it. To answer your questions:
- I'm 64, but will turn 65 in March, despite my age, I'm still in reasonably good shape, I can do 80 push ups and 50 sit ups.
- I was a research chemist until 2008, but I still do some consulting on occasion.
- My residence is Roseburg OR, but I hail from Fairhaven MA, the town that Josh Slocum started from on his circumnavigation. I lived up the street from his jumping off point.

I'm thinking that I can probably devote 10 to 15 days to the trip, that's why I was thinking of the SF to Seattle jaunt. Your game plan seems sound. I have the requisite personal equipment including a Type V vest/harness with multiple recharges. I wondered how old the boat is and if you've had a CG courtesy inspection of late. Also, I assume that you have a five man raft in the unlikely event that its needed. What type of watch rotation are you thinking about, the standard 4 on, 4 standby, 4 off or the Swedish system? I'm used to the former.

Look forward to hearing further

Cheers,

Scott
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook