SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rocks in the SF Bay
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012

dabnis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L124C View Post
"Respectfully", that is probably the most condescending, ridiculous response I have ever read in this forum! You might want to "think a little bit" about what you are saying before responding! Remove bridges and shoreline? Blow up any possible obstruction? No one has suggested any such thing in this thread! I specifically identified two potential navigational hazards for discussion. I then provided an example of an accident that occurred involving a much more obvious obstacle, to support my concern. Lastly, I have suggested that IMO the two rocks in question ARE CLEARLY in a "shipping lane" and are not "marked". I provided a chart to support my opinion. No one has specifically disputed my interpretation of the chart. If my "concept of navigation" is incorrect on that specific point, please enlighten me. Otherwise, stop stating it is not true.
So please...."think a little bit" before responding. Realize that not responding when you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion is always an option. Sometimes less is more!
L,

Easy, easy!! not good for your blood pressure. SF was just pulling your chain and you bit. Fwiw, I agree on your position. It has been done before and with today's technology it shouldn't cost that much. But, as mentioned earlier, generally it takes a disaster to get anything started. Besides some crabs might die from blasting.

Dabnis
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook