SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking at a 1974 Pearson 30'
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012

ra3don is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. It has been a great help. I went back today and went through the boat with a fine tooth comb. I will document my findings below in hopes to receive feedback and help out future Pearson 30' purchasers.

First up is the stancheon bases that RichH suggested. They appear to have been leaking once before as an owner has tried to seal it up.

Another mount base. It appears this has a stress fracture? Doesn't look too serious to me

I wasn't able to get a good shot of it, but the compression board fix that RichH pointed out looks like it might have been fixed. The bilge is full to the brim so it appears to still be soaking into the compression post

There appears to be an issue with the top corner of the boat rotting away from the bumper. This looks pretty serious, is this an expensive/difficult repair? I added an image below to clarify where this is.

It also appears to have some leaking on the inside in this same location

It is hard to see but the wallpaper is peeling off and it was damp.

This is from the topside of the boat, looking down where the rope for the anchor is being kept. The wood around this ring is exposed and was damp. Also thinking this could be an issue.

I am beginning to reconsider my thoughts on this boat...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook