SailNet Community - View Single Post - planning a trip to St Michaels
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
In a word? NICE! We sailed in from the Miles and only motored the little way into SM's harbor. Small but well protected. The Museum of course is the largest draw. You may want to check and see if there are some activities planned that coincide with your visit, otherwise it could be boring for the kids. (if you have kids) The dinghy dock is a short walk to the local Acme market. The big local seafood restaurant is "family" dining type place. When we were there I did not know they don't take Credit cards until I tried to use one. (it may have changed) The whole town is very expensive AND marina's are murder on the pocket book. We anchored right across from the museum and really enjoyed the stay. UNTIL we pulled the anchor which took 2 of us bouncing and puling to break it free. HARD MUD!

ps; the burgers at Carpenter street Tavern were the best I've ever had.
our trip was 2 years ago.

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook