SailNet Community - View Single Post - planning a trip to St Michaels
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
It might not suit your plans, but consider the Choptank River route up to San Domingo Creek where you can anchor and dinghy to the park with easy walking about Saint Michaels. Take care and joy, Aythya crew
I heartily endorse this idea. St Mikes is a great place to visit by boat and I've stayed at both of the marina's you mention. Both are very nice and have nice restaurants on site. I prefer St Michaels Marina to Harbor Inn and Marina, but both are stupid expensive in my book. I may be a parsimonius sailor, but I hate paying almost $100/night for the pleasure of sleeping on my own boat.

San Domigo Creek is a wonderful anchorage providing full access to all the attractions of St Mikes at the cost of a short ride from the anchorage to the dingy dock and a 2 or 3 block walk to town. Its about the same distance you'd walk from the marina's for comparison sake.

Carpenter St Saloon or Ava's if you want pizza are great lunch stops and the places at the marina's or the Crab Claw are good for Dinner.

I haven't yet tried it but the Inn at Perry Cabin is on our list to and is supposed to be outstanding.

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 02-16-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook