SailNet Community - View Single Post - Flotilla sailing with Sunsail
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by watukie View Post
Thank you for your reply. I do plan on acquiring a sailboat in the future and chartering sailboats until i find the right vessel for us. I will not be able to log in many hours before the trip because I will be finishing up the course just before the trip. I understand official hurricane season begins June 1. Our time is limited to the month of July. I am concerned about the weather or being rained out while we are there. Do you or anyone else have a better idea of the weather in July? I know the weather is a guessing game but was wondering about the norm during the month of July...
After I started sailing and go my first certification, I sailed in flotilla in Turkey three times. It did wonders to increase my competence and confidence. I also met some great folks.

I have been in the BVIs twice in the summer. The weather in July will be hot. Being on land or in a marina is uncomfortable; on the water is OK. There will be some isolated showers, but I have never experienced a "rain-out" or a hurricane. the worst aspect is having to close ports during a shower at night while sleeping. You will need to get everything open after that rain stops.

ISPA Yachtmaster Ocean Instructor Evaluator
Sail Canada Advanced Cruising Instructor
IYT Yachtmaster Coastal Instructor
ASA 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 214
As I sail, I praise God, and care not. (Luke Foxe)
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome