SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing with a 4 year-old
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012
amyspins

amyspins is on a distinguished road
sailing camp

Lucky Kid!

Last summer was the first summer for sailing for my 4-year old and I'm looking forward to this summer she'll be five and able to do more to help out - which will make it more fun for her- but right now she's claiming she doesn't want to sail. Hoping that will change with the weather and summer fun.

I've signed her up for a little guppies sailing camp-two hours a day for a week- just an intro to sailing really - but she has to pass a swim check - It's for ages 5-7 - so now we are working on her swimming skills - she is pretty negative about the idea of sailing camp -aargh!

I'm trying not to pressure her - but I'll feel so much better when she can swim. I think I was born swimming so it's been hard for me to deal with resistance from her when I try to teach her. I guess that's a typical mother daughter thing - so now lessons for swimming too - she takes direction so well from the teenager running the class-

All money and time well spent so mommy can continue her sailing obsession this summer with good conscience.

Wish that now I could get my husband onboard!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook