SailNet Community - View Single Post - Have over 7 Days Food Aboard?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
...there are some on this forum that seem to take pleasure in attacking others for believing differently and I didn't want to provoke that..
Not my style. I'm just a big 'ol teddy bear

That's also why you never see me posting in off topic or politics/religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomperanteau View Post
What is interesting to me, and I will use it when we head out on our great adventure, is how people cope with storage and what kinds of foods people have amassed. Be it for disasters or extended voyages, it's all the same.
Here're a couple of sources that might help:
There's a thread here on Sailnet about provisioning for the Caribbean
Provisioning for the Caribbean

Good Old Boat - Honey, I tossed out the cooler article

Good Old Boat Galley Book Good Old Boat - Collections

Lin & Larry Pardy have some tips on traveling without a fridge on their site. Knowing how to store food without refrigeration opens up the fridge for things that do need to be kept cold Sailing Blog | Nautical Book Authors | Lin & Larry Pardey

If you're a member of Practical Sailor's online site search their archives. They did a couple of stories a few years ago on provisioning and storage without refrigeration.

The main thing on my boat and probably yours is storage. I'm in the process of adding additional cabinets in my boat that will more than double our storage space.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook