SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailor stranded up mast - solve this one!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barquito View Post
And if you fall toward the bow... you can bounce off the tramp, and do a graceful twisting flip into the sea
Actually, once in heavy going I was working near the mast, turned to walk to the head stay... and the bow fell into a HUGE trough. As an alternative to falling down the front of the cabin on my knees, I intentionally did a front flip and landed on my back in the center of the tramp, as you describe, without any harm, and rebounded to a position facing the forestay on my knees, as though I had rehersed it one hundred times. I was clipped in and had the tether in one hand; it twisted in that hand without causing a tangle. Scared my wife, but my daugter and I though it was nearly funny. A real circus trick.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook