SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cape Dory Bronze Portlights
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001

WLJarrell is on a distinguished road
Cape Dory Bronze Portlights

Hello All, My name is Bill Jarrell. I have a ''76 CD25 that I sail in and around Belfast Maine (Penobscot Bay). I''m sorry to bother all of you who aren''t Cape Dory owners, but for the life of me I can''t figure how I am susposed to log on to the Sailnet Cape Dory site. Out of sheer desperation I tried this "frontal" approach. The reason I''m writing is that I''m planning on replacing my plastic portlight rings with bronze. I have contacted Roger at Bristol Bronze to have duplicates in bronze made for both the inside cabin ring and it''s corresponding outside ring. Talking with Roger the thought would be to have a complete set (possibly including glass/Plexiglas), with one ring having countersunk mounting screws and the other ring having corresponding tapped threaded holes. He doesn''t know how much they will cost, as he hasn''t seen them yet, or how much interest there is out there in the CD community for "drop in" bronze replacements.

If your outside portlight ring is 32" and the small one is 14" then you have the same size as mine.

I''m sort of feeling my way along this and if you have any ideas please let me know. If you are interested let me know and I''ll pass your interest on to Rodger.

Bill
billjarr@mint.net
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook