SailNet Community - View Single Post - Odd Boat Names
Thread: Odd Boat Names
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
I just remembered one I liked years ago. It was on an old wooden cutter that looked almost like it had been converted from one of those skinny wooden fishboats from way back - the 20's or thereabouts. It had an extremely robust and determined "Bulldog" look to it and was named "Interline Forwarder".

For those who don't know, that is a person or organization that looks after the logistics of moving freight between modes of transportation - from ships to trucks and so forth.

The background of the name meant nothing I could see in terms of a sailboat but it somehow reflected the personality of the boat very well.

Another name, on THE ugliest boat I ever saw - the closest description I can give is that it looked like a single catamaran hull, upside down. It was a humpbacked, hogged sheer, bright yellow freak named "Zog".
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook