I am glad I found your thread as these are exactly the two boats that I am considering and my intended use is similar to yours. I welcome your thoughts on the issues below:
- the cockpit and swim platform on the B41 are beyond compare, however I also felt that the back of the cockpit seats was lower and perhaps would feel less safe while heeling.
- With the 3 cabin model, storage may be minimal in both. What was your conclusion?
- I thought the lifelines were lower in the B41 and going to the bow there was less to hang on to. I then walked the 445 at the boat show and I noticed that the handrails on the cabin top were also fairly low. Do you agree?
- While I agree with you about the use of the chart table, there is something about the more traditional salon in the 445 that appeals to me.
- THe B41 lacks a traveler. Could the arch handle an accidental jibe?
- the bed in the forward cabin looked small for 2 people
Look foward to yours and anyone else's comments