SailNet Community - View Single Post - Having paying passengers - International
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 02-21-2012
Well presently I own a sport fishing boat and am looking to go over to sail because of high fuel cost. I've done the payed crew thing for a fishing trip from Louisiana down to Bimini were just my friends and I cover cost. I have to say the whole thing was a disaster. 2 of the 4 crew thought because they were on the boat that they were going to be treated like friends and share in the fishing. And Ever since then I've given a choice to either be payed and work or share the cost and have fun.There 's no middle ground here as I see it. Bottom line trips cost. If you want to have fun it will cost and as I told before I don't presently own a sail I have power but it seems to me that $30 a day is a very low sum to spend time Paradise. As for what I take from reading the law even if a boat owner tells up front that crew member has to pay it will be up to that person as to agree or decline. I've been thinking of joining a boat recently just to see if switching to sail would work for me and see nothing wrong with paying my share.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome