SailNet Community - View Single Post - Odd Boat Names
Thread: Odd Boat Names
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabratsche View Post
Small world! Definitely the most creative name on the river. I've been curious about Blue Water--seems like a pretty low-key operation. I'm at Holiday Hill just up the creek.
Agree about the boat name; very appropriate for the Rhode River. My friend had that H25 "Rhode Keel" at Blue Water for many years. It used to be even more "low key" back in the day. The owners run a crabbing operation as well as the marina. They had to fix up the docks about 2 years ago, added electricity, pump out and then raised their rates. Bathrooms are very workman-like and there is no shower. Still a funky, down home place: Blue Water Marina & Railroad.
That is a beautiful spot with Camp Letts on the other side. Undeveloped space on the western shore is pretty rare. Our favorite place to overnight was in Harness Creek off the South River as there is a gunk hole in there that is also surrounded by park land. Unfortunately derelict boats have also found this gunk hole from time to time.
My cheapskate friend bought an Endeavor 32' named "Que Sera" and sold "Rhode Keel" and the new owner has kept the name. He also move his boat to a private dock just north of Annapolis.
Small world indeed.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook