SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Paulo,
Congrats on the new boat and I hope your surgery all went well.
I like what I see though I've never been a big fan of straight through galleys. Other than she looks the goods and lets face all is to some degree a compromise.
Cheers to you
Andrew
Yes, I would have preferred a "classical" galley instead of a modern one even if my wife disagrees because this way the galley is much bigger. I bet that the ladies have been prevalent in what regards this set-up that is very common today.

I would have to study a way to have support while cocking on the wrong tack. Maybe a discrete removable dyneema cable all along the galley.

Regarding the surgery, I have been operated to both ears and besides being
provisionally deaf as a door, all is well.

Yes, if you don't have the money to really buy what you want you have to compromise and in my case I have preferred to compromise on that than on a more older type of hull and a less performance boat.

The really important thing in what regards the interior was a cozy and nice one with good storage and a good galley. This boat meets those two requirements and the galley if provided with adequate supports for an harness (a waist one) would not be a problem. Fact is that I miss more a good hull port view....but as you say, compromises.

Anyway regarding compromises, I know this is a 5 year old boat but it is also a boat with a better overall quality than a Salona or a Dufour and a much more expensive boat, one that I could not dream to afford new, not even the smaller Comet 38 and the truth is that I always have liked this boat. I guess that I could only afford it because Italy is in a crisis and the boat market is going down as well as prices and that means a big difference between asking prices and selling prices, for the ones that really want to sell the boats.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook