SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
post #2241 of Old 02-22-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Paulo,
Congrats on the new boat and I hope your surgery all went well.
I like what I see though I've never been a big fan of straight through galleys. Other than she looks the goods and lets face all is to some degree a compromise.
Cheers to you
Andrew
Yes, I would have preferred a "classical" galley instead of a modern one even if my wife disagrees because this way the galley is much bigger. I bet that the ladies have been prevalent in what regards this set-up that is very common today.

I would have to study a way to have support while cocking on the wrong tack. Maybe a discrete removable dyneema cable all along the galley.

Regarding the surgery, I have been operated to both ears and besides being
provisionally deaf as a door, all is well.

Yes, if you don't have the money to really buy what you want you have to compromise and in my case I have preferred to compromise on that than on a more older type of hull and a less performance boat.

The really important thing in what regards the interior was a cozy and nice one with good storage and a good galley. This boat meets those two requirements and the galley if provided with adequate supports for an harness (a waist one) would not be a problem. Fact is that I miss more a good hull port view....but as you say, compromises.

Anyway regarding compromises, I know this is a 5 year old boat but it is also a boat with a better overall quality than a Salona or a Dufour and a much more expensive boat, one that I could not dream to afford new, not even the smaller Comet 38 and the truth is that I always have liked this boat. I guess that I could only afford it because Italy is in a crisis and the boat market is going down as well as prices and that means a big difference between asking prices and selling prices, for the ones that really want to sell the boats.

Regards

Paulo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome