SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau First 42 Manual
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys... I've been out'a touch for a few weeks due to a death in the family and consequential travel etc. Randy, thanx for the compliments. We've compiled lots of documents/history/technical background on the yacht but no "manual" per se.

Letra--the First 42 was/is a pretty sophisticated yacht such that most people that bought them originally (i.e. when new) really already knew what they were doing and didn't need much instruction. There was a "check list" on the engine (a Perkins 4-108) that reflected the test out and delivery of the engine and, of course, the Perkins operator's and maintenance manuals. We have all of the documents that were originally included with our boat at the time of the original sale and purchase (in our case in Europe), including the manufacturer's user guides for the equipment that was included--hot water heater, pumps, etc--that still remain on the boat today but they are in French since the yacht was delivered in Europe.

If you have specific questions Randy and I and a few others may be able to help you. Randy has done some pretty impressive up-grades on R3 so he's got the milage with that kind of thing. But let us know what you need and someone is sure to be able to help.

FWIW...

s/v HyLyte
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook