SailNet Community - View Single Post - what's the process to test sail a boat?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012

NewportNewbie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Sailing on your day off, that's the spirit. You'll find your answers on the water, not so much here.

If you come back to consider more, then consider what your wife doesn't like about chop and whether it's really the boat that is the problem. She may never be okay with chop, if you don't solve the right problem.

I don't presume to know at all. Does she simply fear sinking? Being thrown overboard? Do you seem more stressed by the conditions as they boil up? (we all do to some degree). Anyway, that may be the place to start here.

All the best.
Great questions....In the one time she was in chop...I wasn't stressed...had a 30 year experienced sailor on board as well and he wasn't stressed...What she didn't like was where to sit...she was in the way of the tiller so I asked her to move...when she moved to in front of me...wave hit her...she moved to behind the tiller and had to hold on for dear life. I think it was just she wasn't used to it and that was it....I was nervous as well at one point...now i am not nervous...always cautious...but not worried. I keep telling her the boat can take more than we can...so trust the boat. She says she does, but I think when its that rough, she is nervous and just doesn't have fun being nervous. So I try and take her on calm days...which works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook