SailNet Community - View Single Post - what's the process to test sail a boat?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportNewbie View Post
Great questions....In the one time she was in chop...I wasn't stressed...had a 30 year experienced sailor on board as well and he wasn't stressed...What she didn't like was where to sit...she was in the way of the tiller so I asked her to move...when she moved to in front of me...wave hit her...she moved to behind the tiller and had to hold on for dear life. I think it was just she wasn't used to it and that was it....I was nervous as well at one point...now i am not nervous...always cautious...but not worried. I keep telling her the boat can take more than we can...so trust the boat. She says she does, but I think when its that rough, she is nervous and just doesn't have fun being nervous. So I try and take her on calm days...which works out.
Good plan. I dare say a new boat won't be the answer. Although, if you just want a fellow addict to support your habit, I'm fine with encouraging you.

Aren't you supposed to be out sailing on your day off. Have fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook