SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not one nice Marina from Trenton to Essington, Pa
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012
Yamsailor

Yamsailor is on a distinguished road
Denise,

I am a member of a club in and around Philadelphia Metro area. The river itself is not the issue. It is the fact no one takes pride in producing a really good marina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Since you asked;

"thoughts"

You made a blanket statement without really asking first.

Frankly, it's rather rude to those of us that really try to help Delaware river sailors find meaning in having a boat on the river. I'm one of those people. There are others.

"Delaware River Recreational Sailors" is the group I'm trying to grow. Membership of 3 so far LOL Uh, No it's not listed anywhere. There is a get together planned for May 5th at Delaware City.

Join a Yacht club, 30 of em all up and down the river. DRYL.org
Marina's;
Curtains, nice, Neshaminy State Marina, ok; Riverside, Winters and snug harbor are good, silting is a problem everywhere. Phila is $$ and silted in as you know. Essington has some really nice clubs and marina's.

It's not great, but those of us on the river try to make the best of it! From my house, on the water with sails up; I can do in way less then an hour, A Big PLUS!

There are lots of activities sailing related, races are abundant also. There are 20, 30ft and larger sailboats in my YC alone, most of them race every week.

Amenities may be lacking.. but aren't they for those not out on the water?