SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not one nice Marina from Trenton to Essington, Pa
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012
Yamsailor

Yamsailor is on a distinguished road
I know some members of Liberty Sailing Club. They all say they can't get out of their slips 1.5 hours either side of low tide. That is 3-hours they can't leave or enter their slips, twice a day--no way to run a marina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulladh View Post
Yam
Perhaps our definition of AWFUL differs. The Phila marine Center does get dredged, maybe not as often as we would all like. I have only been a transient there, probably not long enough to comment on the service but I did not experience any problems.

This is a noisy marina, clubs, Dave and Busters, traffic on Delaware Ave and Ben Franklin Bridge, my experience is that it was more noise than Essington under the PHL take off and landing.

But it is a great location to take advantage of center city and the historic district, and it just feels cool to sail by the huddled masses along the Phila bulkhead.