SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not one nice Marina from Trenton to Essington, Pa
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamsailor View Post
Full service yard, slips with at least 6' of water a MLW, Full Chandelry, and restaurants. NYC area marinas quite often have most if not all of those amentities. I was trying to convey the Philadelphia marina owners could learn a lot from the marinas up in the NYC area.
I'm no expert in this, and not trying to make excuses, but intuitively I think the density of wealth in NYC is a lot higher than Philly, so you get the megayachts there to pump up the local marine economy.

So what's wrong with Winter's/Riverside (adjacent marinas under same ownership)? Between the two of them they have a full service yard, chandlery, restaurant (with others a short walk away), 6' depth on some or most docks.

I'm not sure the issue with the Philly area is lack of pride. It's lack of demand and dollars. Pride doesn't pay the bills. The supply and demand curves have to cross, and I'm not sure they would for a high-end marina in the Philly area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 02-23-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook