SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
This wasn't as special a moment as it could have been.. we shared an anchorage in Jervis Inlet with Serrafyn, the Pardey's famous engineless 30 footer - but did not chance to meet them. We did meet and chat briefly with Lin weeks later at a local wooden boat show.

The next morning we watched them patiently drift/sail out of the harbour out into Malaspina Strait.. took quite a while.

Actually I believe that is their second boat, "Taliesin". Might that have been about 7 years ago? I encountered them around that time drifting/sailing in the same area while on my friend's 76ft mega-yacht. At the time I was a 100% Pardey deciple and wanted to yell to them that I have all their books and that they are my heroes. Of course yelling that, to the Pardeys, who are drifting on their engineless cutter, from the deck of a 76ft boat going 17kts burning 3gal/mile of diesel, and nearly swamping them with our wake...... well..... I instead chose not to make myself seen.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook