SailNet Community - View Single Post - Time to delete "Local boat buying assistance"?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
I looked at an Allied Seawind ketch for a guy but not because of the "Local boat buying assistance" thread. I insinuated myself into a thread he had going and offered a local inspection. The potential buyer was a Scotsman who lives in Chile and got a pretty nice deal in an estate sale of the boat. I took pictures and gave impressions that I shared and met the surveyor.
When the Chilean speaking Scots ex-pat came up to sail his boat away I got my first sail on a nice ketch down into NY Harbor. The other crew member was a Ukrainian guy from Canada who also met the buyer through SN and helped him with prep work.
We pulled into the 79th Street boat basin and the hispanic harbor master got his panties in a wad that we had taken a slip without authorization. Boy, was he surprised when this lily white Scotsman spoke to him in perfect S. American Spanish. They became friends. I took the subway home.
Can't make up stuff like this.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook