SailNet Community - View Single Post - A cast of characters - Rocna plot continues
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Once again, its time to decide if I'm upgrading the hook during Spring commissioning.. So where are we now on Rocna quality? ( I have no interest in the scandals of the past )

It seems the new owners have upgraded their warranty against bending, in addition to breaking. I'm not sure if anyone else does that. It is still a little unclear to me whether the RINA certification is suspect and it seems additional certification is still underway.

The bigger question in my mind is whether I can be satisfied that an anchor I buy today was made under the new owner's watch or old inventory? Or whether the new owner is considered trustworthy. It's clear to me that even old inferior inventory isn't going to fail unless under heavy stress, but that's not when I want to find out.

I probably would have just gone with Manson Supreme by now, but neither anchor is a beauty. I think the Rocna looks cleaner than a Manson, as picky as that is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook