SailNet Community - View Single Post - A cast of characters - Rocna plot continues
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
When it comes right down to it, why would anyone pay more for a Rocna? I considered it once but that was before Craig Smith's trash taking got on my nerves to the point I saved money and got a manson Surpreme instead. And this was before all the stuff about the metal came to light.

I feel the Rocna is probaby still a good anchor. But just don't know anyone would buy it instead of a Manson Surpreme.
I think the Rocna looks cleaner on the bow, albeit by a small margin. I also like the idea of a single cast fluke, rather than two side welded pieces for longevity. That's probably also minor. I do not like the big blue sticker on the Manson, nor the long slot in the shank. Again, aesthetics.

I have no interest in Rocna's past, as the free market seems to have settled the score. I'm only interested in whether the new Canadian owner is going to make a reliable product. Their upgraded warranty speaks to their confidenc., We'll see.

Admittedly, I'm still struggling, but I want the Rocna. I just want to know it will be reliable.

If one wants to make emotional decisions based on the behavior of prior owner's relatives, that seems nullified by the new ownership to me. The fact that the Manson is a knockoff will never change. I don't hold it against them, but would certainly understand if someone did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook