SailNet Community - View Single Post - A cast of characters - Rocna plot continues
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I think the Rocna looks cleaner on the bow, albeit by a small margin. I also like the idea of a single cast fluke, rather than two side welded pieces for longevity. That's probably also minor. I do not like the big blue sticker on the Manson, nor the long slot in the shank. Again, aesthetics.

I have no interest in Rocna's past, as the free market seems to have settled the score. I'm only interested in whether the new Canadian owner is going to make a reliable product. Their upgraded warranty speaks to their confidenc., We'll see.

Admittedly, I'm still struggling, but I want the Rocna. I just want to know it will be reliable.

If one wants to make emotional decisions based on the behavior of prior owner's relatives, that seems nullified by the new ownership to me. The fact that the Manson is a knockoff will never change. I don't hold it against them, but would certainly understand if someone did.
Michael on Sequitur has been using a Rocna and he sure seems to like its performance in some pretty challenging places. Though I seem to recall he might have lost it recently in some sketchy anchorage. I can't remember for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook