SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Mexico still safe for cruising?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Is Mexico still safe for cruising?

My wife and I have become more and more concerned about the violence in Mexico and the fact that it is now essentially a failed state. It was a major deciding factor in our recent change in cruising plans. Originally we were going to cruise Mexico, the gulf and Caribbean and on to the Med. There were lots of factors in our change of plans, but Mexico was, at one time, an area that we looked forward to greatly. Now, I'm not so sure it's safe anymore.

Apparently the state department recomends avoiding 14 states in Mexico, including the state where PV is.

From the CNN article here: Cruise line: 22 passengers robbed in Mexican seaside resort - CNN.com

"The robbery comes two weeks after the U.S. State Department issued a travel warning to Americans to avoid all but essential travel to all or parts of 14 Mexican states, including the state of Jalisco. Puerto Vallarta is the sixth-largest city in Jalisco."

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook