SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rocna Anchor
Thread: Rocna Anchor
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The hydrobubble is junk IMHO, as anything that reduces the weight of the anchor in the water is going to reduce its effectiveness at digging in.

I have a Rocna, and love it..but it is a bit expensive. I ordered mine from the guys in Canada.

My main complaint on it is that it tends to bring up lots of the bottom with it...and it is a bear to break out. I'm adding a windlass and bow roller to my boat to make using my Rocna a lot more user friendly.

I got the 15 kg Rocna, since I depend on it to hold the boat when I'm anchored out, and like the security it gives me, even if the current and wind shift.

Skimping on ground tackle is pennywise and pound foolish IMHO, especially if you're on the hook in bad weather. Getting undersized or badly designed ground tackle is putting your boat at risk. Why carry two small anchors and have to deploy them both, when a slightly larger single anchor will hold you more securely and with fewer complications.

If you have specific questions, let me know via PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook