SailNet Community - View Single Post - A cast of characters - Rocna plot continues
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Quote:
The Manson Surpreme isn't a knockoff. It's been pretty well established if you do your homework on something other than the Rocna hype site.- Don 0190
Sounds like you have an ax to grind with your obvious bias against the Rocnas.

I did my "homework" when the ROCNA originally came out I bought one. It wasnt about the hype. There was no Manson Spreme to buy. Magically 6 months later the Manson appears. Company making them/ designer were geographically close to ROCNA of new Zealand whwere my anchor was imported from. Looks kind of similar doesnt it, ROCNA came first...hmmmmmmmm. Poor argument on your part. It was a knockoff.

Quote:
I saved money and got a manson Surpreme instead

Go figure the knock off is cheaper. Knockoffs almost always are cheaper. Another specious statement

Not withstanding the idiot who ran the company into the ground with his boastfull arrogant nature, not withstanding the idiot who cheapened the steel, or who attacked othe anchor companies which have since occured...at the time the ROCNA was the only one and was the premier new design anchor.

I still remember Mainesails tests, and since I have purchased one I can unequivically say it has been the best all round anchor I have ever had. ( Bottom conditions dictate that some anchors are specifically better in specific conditions, but if I was to carry on main on it would be this design). I sleep well at anchor now.

Would I buy on now with its technical issues...no I would proably get the Supreme although I have never liked the hole in the shank.

Please do not try and come with revisionist history, as history is just that...a record... not a fantasy to prove a point.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 02-27-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook