SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau First 42 Manual
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012

Letrappes is on a distinguished road
Thanks Hylite. I bought the boat off a guy who was refitting with the intention of sailing around the world. It was in a general disarray due to this though a solid boat. I took it out this weekend and pretty much singlehanded other than docking the trip from the dock to the gulf twice which is roughly 30 miles each way. Thanks to the autopilot, I can trim, furl and reef without help which is great. I really like how fast it is and loved having to reef the sails in order to keep from overtaking a large freighter and tugs in the narrow channel. That's a wind shadow I don't want to go through. The girl loves that I can run the boat alone while she enjoys the sun and some fishing.

Does anyone know a logical order for the lines running on the cabin top to the clutches? I had to run most of them but am trying to figure out if the outhaul, Vang and reefs might have been run there originally. I currently have the Genoa and two spin halyards, main halyard and sheet running aft in the eight slots.

Would any of you be near Lake Charles? There's a Beneteau First 42 on my dock but I've never seen the owner.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook