SailNet Community - View Single Post - Herreshoff H-28
Thread: Herreshoff H-28
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012
amyspins

amyspins is on a distinguished road
H-28

danville,

yes - I loved her from the start too- so glad she was as nice in person as the photos!

I'm having the boat surveyed now- then she'll be mine!

Here's the link to the add on yachtworld

1981 Parkins/Herreshoff H 28 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

the only downside is that she hasn't got anything but basic equipment (electronics) - but the sails look to be in good shape. The cabin is lovely! The boat is hull #16 - built for Adrian Hooper - by Parkins Marine in Ft. Lauderdale florida. they have since gone out of business.

She's a sloop but looks like at one time she was rigged as a cutter. It's been difficult to find others like it- most are ketch rigs There is another listed on yachtworld right now - in Florida. Looks just like Iota (mine - well almost mine)

I have no idea how the boat sails- I've seen some reports that they're slow and you can't point too high into the wind, we'll see. Also it's going to be wet -

she's got an offset prop- so that'll be interesting. My first boat and the one I learned to sail on (last summer) was a catalina 27 - the engine almost never worked so I didn't learn how to dock anyway - so I guess I'll be learning how to back with a tricky backing boat.

Where are you located? Some years back someone was trying to start an owners association here in the U.S. but it never got off it's feet I think. New Zealand has a very active owner's group for the H-28's.

send photos and let me know how the hunt goes!

Amy
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook