Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 9
Me and my old lady (who did a solo circumnavigation when she was 12) scored a great deal on a great project boat – fully equipped with granite counters, and a deck-mounted sea-whiz (for defense against pirates and zombies). We are always scrapping and we thought that an extended cruise in a small, confined space would be a great way to work out our problems.
We have never done this before so we have a couple of questions:
- Should we be more concerned about penetration or knock-down power? (In our choice of handguns – what did you think?)
- Should we go with instant, perc, drip or espresso?
- Gosslings or Captain Morgan or Appleton's?
- ‘Thongs’ – worn on the feet?
- Does anyone have any good maps for the coast of Cuba?
- The wife thinks that Francesco Schettino is kinda hot, and that people have been too hard on him. What do you think?
Well, that’s all for now.
1989 Hunter 30'
Southern Georgian Bay
Visualize the vastness of the oceans; the infinity of the heavens; the fickleness of the wind; the artistry of the craft and the frailty of the sailor. The oneness that may be achieved through the harmony of these things may lead one to enlightenment. - Flying Welshman
Last edited by flyingwelshman; 02-28-2012 at 09:18 PM.