SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Refirgeration!
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012

svjobeth is on a distinguished road
New Refirgeration!

Well, 'new-to-us' at least.

A friend of ours has a 2011 SeaFrost BDXP air-cooled, cold plate system, lightly used, only in his boat for about 6 months. He's decided to go with an entirely different system and configuration and knowing our headaches with our ancient Adler-Barbour water-cooled system, offered it to us at a very cool (pardon the pun) price.

After measuring the icebox, I'm satisfied the system will work beautifully, but I do have one question - where to install the compressor and fan? Ideally, I'd like to put it just aft of the icebox in the large port side sail locker. But, for those of you that have air-cooled refrigeration on an older 34, where is your compressor/fan system installed? We're open to suggestions...

Thanks !
1984 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34, Hull #16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook