SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau First 42 Manual
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012

Letrappes is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the mast head sheave layout. My spinnaker halyards are in the masthead sheaves though having not used then yet, no clue on fiction. I was wondering about three easy way to gybe the spin pole so that makes sense with a two pole layout though I only have one aboard as well. Can you give a layout the same way on the foot of the mast where they all exit?

I actually have a removable inner forestay though but it is connected into the mast about halfway batten the babystay and the forestay. On deck there is an extra padeye behind the anchor locker which ties into the bulkhead before. It has a mechanical fitting to tension which can be removed but no obvious halyard sheave near it other than those fir the pole lift. I'm guesting this wasn't standard with the boat. I'm figuring it's either for a staysail downwind or storm jib.

My Perkins is interesting. I believe the propeller is pitched wrong. I pull nearly 3200 rpm to get to the same speed as you with a clean bottom though fuel usage it's about the same. I've been told by another Perkins owner that theirs was the same but they replaced it ten years ago due to some failure so maybe their memory was wrong. The prop is a two blade non folding. No idea on make.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook