SailNet Community - View Single Post - Edit Post Button Gone....?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
I fully agree that one should be able to edit their own post. This is an entertainment forum, not a courtroom. Nobody needs to prove anything, IMHO. If you don't like what you said, for any reason, then go change it.

Ironically, a thread I posted to a few days ago was resurrected and I saw my note when scrolling. When I saw it, I realized where a missing reply to another thread went. I posted in the wrong place. Simple cut and paste solution. I can't believe that isn't available now.

In a different twist to this, one of the members here actually edited my post when he quoted it (he is also the only resident of my ignore list now). It may have been a lame attempt to be funny, but he has a greater propensity to be argumentative, manipulative and infintile, You can see that I never edited my original post, so its clear he did so and he even reference that he was doing so. Still, I found it interesting that you could quote someone and change their quote.

The point is that the system is not, nor can it be made bullet proof, so put the edit feature back.

Edit: I learned long ago to avoid the mud wrestling in OT, my anecdote above took place here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 03-03-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook