SailNet Community - View Single Post - Did I miss the boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka
I think I'd add glazing to this list. Some coastal boats seem intent on making it light and bright down below, it can be difficult (read "more expensive") to make that expanse of clear plexiglas stout enough to resist the force of tons of water when the going gets rough.

Now shall we start a separate thread on the sugar-scoop transoms vs traditional closed ones?
Very true... large ports are fun to look out, until what you see out of them is all green water in a storm...

Yes, please do start a new thread on sugar scoop swim platforms.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook