SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anybody in central FL need a hand sailing?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012

JDRichlen is on a distinguished road
Anybody in central FL need a hand sailing?

Hi,
I'm currently trying to learn the age old art of sailing. Ideally I will be living aboard my own vessel by this fall. However, as it is now I have no experience sailing. I am a 25yo able bodied male located in daytona beach. Im hoping i can find somebody that needs a hand operating their boat so I can learn the basics on a low budget. I would be willing to split expenses and bring food/drink. I am prior navy and have general nautical knowledge, but I lack experience sailing. If you live somewhere reasonably close and/or know somebody close that wants a hand for some day trips or just wouldnt mind teaching a young scrap the ropes please let me know. Of course an ASA course is always an option if I have to, but i would rather try the grassroots community option first. I will also plan on living aboard in the daytona area so even if your in the area livingaboard i would like some tips and pointers if you have any for me.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook