SailNet Community - View Single Post - Could she sail the boat if necessary?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Could she sail the boat if necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorswife View Post
Relationships!

I think it is really all about feeling that you are not the only one in the world with this problem. Knowing that other people have gone through the same issues and survived helps. Someone also mentioned that the website should only be about sailing but surely sailing is about your relationship with your boat and your crew which in a lot of cases is your spouse - why should only the relationship with the boat be the one talked about?
Brava!

Welcome to Sailnet, sailorswife. I hope you stick around long enough to get to know us (and feel comfortable enough to tell us your name). Perhaps you can even teach some of these hardened guys a thing or to or at least give them something to think about to make them pause the next time they open their mouths to yell.

Since you said that you read through this entire thread, you are indeed a brave soul for posting anyway. I am not in your position on our boat and I suspect the women who are and read this thread will probably not contribute but sometimes it only takes one pebble to start the avalanche.

Be that as it may, Sailnet has as members some strong women sailors who are willing to help their sister sailors, whence the reason for the HerSailNet forum was started even if the men do lurk in the shadows before jumping out at the unsuspecting (and contribute here more than the women). Just don't forget that we're here and we're out there. We don't always entirely agree with each other, but we have no problem disagreeing in a respectful manner that I hope certain men take note of.

Three that come to mind who I know have reached out to sailors on the water and have provided me with a lion's share of inspiration are wingnwing, melrna and Denise. I hope to be them when I grow up.

So welcome and I hope you stick around. When you get the required number of posts feel free to PM me if you have sailing questions or concerns or fears you want to air and don't feel comfortable bringing up before the peanut gallery. If I don't know the answer, I'll know who to ask.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 03-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook