SailNet Community - View Single Post - Single Handed Sailing
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Rule #1 is to thiink through what you are going to do, before you do it. For myself, the first money I would put into the boat would be a TillerPilot. The self-tailing winches are great, but keeping the boat on track when you have to let go of the tiller is a higher priority. With the Cat22, your jib sheets are already right at hand, so that's a plus. You don't say how this boat is setup, ie: roller furling headsail, lines led aft, tiller extentsion, but these are things that will make singlehanding easier. Another thing to think about is, when the winds are high, or expected to be, reef down before leaving the dock. It's much easier to shake out a reef than to put it in on the water.

Having started on a 21 footer, then 26, and now a 32, it's the planning ahead I find the most important part. That, and taking your time.

Regards,

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook