SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS30 Replacing the holding tank - poly or stainless???
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: CS30 Replacing the holding tank - poly or stainless???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBBurlington View Post
Thank you to everyone who posted a response.
We are going to start with the hoses.
We are reasonably confident that they are original, (as is the tank), and likely the culprit for most of the malodorous atmosphere.
If we replace it, we'll go with the poly tank.

We have new cushions and upholstery being made for us, (Island Canvas...tell Abbey I sent you!), so it's paramount to me now that we get this addressed.

I am LOVING the boat.
This was important to my hubby, because it's not much fun if you are alone.
My first season as a sailor, and learnt much along the way.
Thanks to great neighbors on our dock, and my Sailnet colleagues, I feel much more confident about season 2.
Splash May 10th....BRING IT ON!!

Kim
Kim,

I currently have the tank out of our CS-36T (1979). Once the tank was cleaned, pressure tested and the clean out port re-welded, it was leaking around the spun welded fitting, the tank is 100% still perfect.

It exhibits ZERO odor. I simply sprayed the exterior with Lysol Bathroom Cleaner with bleach and let it dry. I then hit it a second time and finally rinsed the exterior. That was it.

There is zero odor on the tank exterior. My wife even stuck her nose to it and confirmed... I also filled it with 5 gallons of bleach and let it sit for two weeks then drained it. The tank now smells as good inside as it does out... Probably good for another 33 years.....

The hoses well they lasted about three years and all are odor permeated.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook