SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not one nice Marina from Trenton to Essington, Pa
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Not one nice Marina from Trenton to Essington, Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamsailor View Post
Well, based on this article, marinas on the Delaware River don't have a clue.

Marina challenge: Do more with less
I don't see how this article proves what you claim. It says to know your customers, because in this down economy nobody is going to pay for any more than they have to.

OTOH, most of the things that you've suggested on this thread would cost A LOT of money (especially dredging).

I look at it this way: In this economy, just staying in business takes quite a bit of business savvy, especially for someone in a business as discretionary as recreational boating. Calling the marina operators that have managed to stay in business "clueless" makes you look clueless.

I'd love to have a nice marina nearby, with green space, a restaurant, chandlery, etc. I'd be willing to pay somewhat more than I'm paying now for it (but I think I may be an exception). But I would not invest my own money in such a venture, because something tells me that the local market would not support it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook