SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

sailing goodies

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Tafa 
#1 ·
Well, it's year end bonus time. I can think of no better way to spend my money. So, the question what are ya'lls favorite sailing gadgets and goodies?

#11 ·
Through Hull lights can be SUPER expensive, or not at all. Be sure to look around. A company in FTL recommended by West Marine quoted me $200 - $800 each, installed. A gritty old boaters store that's been around forever carried the same product starting at $60 and gave me an hour long instruction on how to install them myself.

That said I motored past a sailboat equipped with these at night about two months ago, and it looked as close to Eden as you can imagine. Deep blue lights lit up around the boat and the sea floor below as the owners took an evening swim. Breathtaking. I've also seen power boaters with blinding white coming from beneath the outboards, also a very cool look.

There are also companies with through hull CAMERAS! I haven't found a decent price yet, but I'm sure I will eventually!

#12 ·
Iphone4
All my music plays through the stereo
Access to weather/radar updates
Backup chart plotter/GPS
Decent camera/video
Access to the wonders of google
Podcasts on just about anything
Yes the screen is small but if I'm bored I can read, or watch something.
etc., etc., etc.,...

#19 ·
That's my winter project :) I'm making one wooden model per winter (I could not finished this winter's project yet tough :) .... next winter I will try a half hull :)

For this season... #1 item on my wish list is a chartplotter (Probably a SH CPF 190) If I go really "Wishful" I would add fish finder transducer as well :)

Cheers,

Tafa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.