SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sonic 23
Thread: Sonic 23
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012

mubiksski is on a distinguished road
Sonic 23

Guess its you and me against the world............LOL.

So here is the link to the site Voile Abordable It has many Sonic owners and even the designer of the Sonic sailboat is or was a member.
From the site:
.................................................. .................................................. .......
(Opinion about this sail boat?) Posted by: joseph d'alessio (IP Logged)
Date: 07/07/2002 12:57AM

hi my name is joseph and i desingned and manufactured sonic 2
3 in montreal canada until 1984 so if you have any questions please e mail me and i ll be happy to answer i am no longer in the boat business but designing that boat [i still have the original lines of the hull] was my greatest challenge so please feel free to ask any questions regarding my sonic 23
.................................................. .................................................. ........

I have sent emails to him but to no avail! : ( For your hatch cover I would get a piece of heavey plexiglass and encase the edges in wood and a rubber seal around the hole, hinge and fasten it. It would seem the odds are against finding a replacement, though you know there is one in a boat yard (boat grave yard) somewhere. Happening uponwould be damn near impossible! I am right next door to Montreal so I will keep an open ear and eye for ya. And not to be a bother(which I already am) any help in rigging this beast would also be of great help! This is my third sailboat. 1st was a force five, loved it and should have kept it. 2nd was a Pintail. Sailed like a claw footed bathtub, but a fun, safe daysailer for a small crew. And the rigging of both of these was very basic, simple, and obvious. I have never even boarded a cruiser or any sailboat the size and breadth of this undertaking! I will have my hands full to say the least! I have a mooring secured on Lake Champlain and am just chawing at the bit for the ice out! Have you launched yours from a trailer or do you take it to the boat yard and use a travel lift? Enough already.................and thanks so much!
Brian
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook