SailNet Community - View Single Post - Auto-Pilot choices besides RayMarine
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Auto-Pilot choices besides RayMarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitski2001 View Post
Hey All!
I bought a '97 C320 that has the ST4000+ Autopilot a few years ago and last fall the controller lost it's brains... It thinks it's locked. I've worked with RayMarine support and they can only recommend replacing everything with a new X-5 (RAYMARINE SmartPilot X-5 Sailboat Wheel Pilot at West Marine )... Maybe $1200 if I'm lucky... Due to this and some other RayMarine support issues I've experienced, I really have no loyalty to them. Don't get me started...
All the other instruments are RayMarine on the SeaTalk bus, But I could jump the NMEA out of the C70 display to a new autopilot if there was another manufacture.
I was wondering what choices I have before I go the "Replace Everything" route...
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wheel pilot or below deck? If below deck there are options. If it is a wheel pilot then it's Raymarine...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook