SailNet Community - View Single Post - Auto-Pilot choices besides RayMarine
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Auto-Pilot choices besides RayMarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
CPT is an alternative wheel pilot CPT Autopilot Inc.

Has a good rep amongst cruisers. See soggypaws
Forgot about CPT. They are well built & robust but I have a customer with one and I'd spend the money for below deck before going that route. Awkward is the best way to describe my experiences with it...

If the OP's AP was installed in 1997 then it is almost 15 years old. Not bad for a WP and for what they cost....

I personally don't find that the big names are any more reliable than one another. Robertson used to be very reliable but I don't find it to be the same level of reliability under Simrad....They are all pretty good and occasionally you get a dud with all of them.

Personally I have no problem with Raymarine except for their flat rate repair rates for out of warranty product. They just turned around a customers wind vane, that had a fight with an Osprey, in about 5 days door to door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 03-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook