SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seafarer 24 swing keel, keel pivot? Sailing qualities?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Re: Seafarer 24 swing keel, keel pivot? Sailing qualities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornar View Post
Congrats to purchasing the Seafarer. I have owned a similar one for many years and was very pleased with it.
I would be happy to share with you photos etc - things i have done on my boat - if you are interested.
You can contact me directly at zorang@videotron.ca
cheers
Zoran, Montreal
Thank you Mornar, I may take you up on that. Do you have a photo of the skylight over the galley? My boat has a few solid fiberglass panels that slide in a long track from the companionway entrance to almost the mast. The last section near the mast is a skylight, it looks old but looks like it's not original or no longer has the original flashing or weather proofing. I need to do something to tighten it up against the weather.

It is screwed down by perhaps five very long stainless screws along the forward edge. It is shimmed up so high that the mast could not be rotated down on the tabernacle hinge to a low position. It seems to me that the original skylight (if it was a light) would also be able to slide in the track.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook