SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seafarer 24 swing keel, keel pivot? Sailing qualities?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Re: Seafarer 24 swing keel, keel pivot? Sailing qualities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljour2000 View Post
Good boat...nice looking boat too if it's traditional deck...Mine was a racer for most of it's life and was rigged custom by original owner who knew what he wanted,,split adjustable backstays,all lines to cockpit,etc....some were kits where the owner added rigging.... I owned one for a year before moving onto a C-29 as I needed more headroom. I had the traditional deck...which only had 4'11 headroom...the "futura" deck version gives you almost 6-foot headroom I hear...Congrats and enjoy...those boats can take a beating for their size...just have a drop board or three in and the hatch closed when it gets to blowin as the companionway thresh-hold is fairly low...I still miss her a bit I'll say and here's a few pics i have of her..
Wow, your boat is a lot nicer inside than mine. Actually, the other Seafarers I've seen were also impressively nice, mine must have had the cheap interior. Nevertheless, the overall boat seems solid and well thought out. I have your picture of the rigged boat as my desktop, glad you mentioned the split adjustable backstays, I wondered about that. I have the traditional look, but would probably be glad to have the headroom in the uglier "Futura" model.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook