SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising/sailing with musical instruments... ?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Cruising/sailing with musical instruments... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post

What musical instruments are some of you playing on your boats?
I use a Martin LXM acoustic. It is very stable in the marine environment, even with the high levels of humidity. It is basically made of a composite (seems like Formica) and the neck is highly laminated. The thing does not move and stays in tune amazingly well for an acoustic.

While it does not sound like a D-18, OM or 000 it sounds quite decent for a little composite guitar and I played all the "baby" or small models. It's actually got some bottom end to it.. Carbon Acoustics & Rain Song make them in carbon fiber but I've yet to play one in the baby size but have played both CA and Rain Song in the D size... The baby size fits the boat very well I just wish the nut width on the neck was a bit wider.

I brought my Santa Cruz OM on the boat once, won't do that again.....

Martin LXM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 03-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook