SailNet Community - View Single Post - How much more blood can they suck?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: How much more blood can they suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Well that does it. I have have decided to move my boat (rarely kept in Maryland as I 'travel') to a state that has no genetically defected memory politicians.
Hmmm, perhaps you might want to wait and see if the bill actually passes, no? (grin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Just remember that the famous Ted Kennedy sponsored late 80s, early 90s, "federal Luxury Tax" on boats and private aircraft almost totally destroyed the domestic boat and aircraft building industry and resulted in the permanent 'layoff' of over 40,000+ employees in those industries and which never recovered when this 'tax the rich' insanity was eventually 'lifted'.
Ahh, yes - I remember that one well, my wallet took a pretty good hit back in those days...

However, just for the sake of historical accuracy, let the record show that it was President George H.W. "Read My Lips" Bush who actually signed that one into law...

And, in a little-known footnote, as a lame duck actually VETOED H.R 11 - which would have repealed the Luxury Tax on yachts - a couple of days after his defeat in November of '92...

It was Bubba who made the repeal one of the priorities of the First 100 Days of his administration...

Go figure, huh? (grin)

Last edited by JonEisberg; 03-09-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook