SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Re: Very Good Vendor Thread

SSMR Inc., Florida.

aka Mr. and Mrs. Knothead.

Our lifelines were due for replacement. A fellow sailnet member, JRD22, recommended SSMR Inc. after using them to replace the lifelines on his boat.

So I pulled off the lifelines. They fit in one of those 1st Class mail boxes available at the post office. I mailed them out to SSMR Inc. on Friday. They called me up on Monday to let me know they had arrived and asked a few follow up questions about the chicken scratch measurements I included in the box.

About a week later, I had a box of lifelines delivered with a bill inside. I just got back from the boat today after installing them. The lifelines were labeled with little string tags so I didn't have to guess where they went. I stuck with the white vinyl coating. I examined the joints where the vinyl and the swagged fittings met and they were tight and even. I never cared for our gate pelican hooks, so Knothead put some new ones on. Boy they look nice.

So the guy in the slip across from me saw me putting on the new lifelines and asked about it. I told him I used an outfit in Florida. He said he replaced his lifelines a few years ago with a local outfit in Port Townsend. His boat is a 37' boat. Mine is a 40' boat. He paid more for his local lifelines than I did for mine, so I'm pretty happy that I got fast service, a good job and a good price.

THANKS Knothead!
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook